Monday, March 14, 2005

Manic Progressive

Thinking back over this past weekend, I realize I was a wee bit manic. On both mornings, I was up and out of bed by 6am. I went for a long run on Saturday, did all my chores [does anyone use that word anymore? it makes me think of Little House on the Prairie], ran a bunch of shopping errands, made dinner, worked on the baby blanket. On Sunday I finally did my taxes, filed the bills, worked on my photo albums for Australia, spent the afternoon with a friend, finished Caden's afghan. I felt like I was multi-tasking the entire weekend. Even when I was working on one thing, I was thinking about a zillion other things and planning my next step.

I want to sit still and relax but how can I when there are so many projects to be done? And not just projects...I mean, there's life, the other maintenance tasks you have to do - laundry, eat, get the car fixed, mow the lawn, call your mother. I am but a single person with relatively few responsibilities and yet here I am feeling overwhelmed. How is it that I don't have the staying power of, say, a supermom who juggles kids, a job, a home and soccer games? Maybe it's a matter of priorities. Maybe it's a matter of maturity.

Or perhaps it could be because I've got too many things on my "have to do before I'm 40" list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lynette, manic does not describe it. I don't think I've gotten that much done all month! I too wonder how folks with families manage to get stuff done, much less obsess about yarn, fiber, fabric, etc. I really like the design of your blog.

Roberta
http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits