Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Two Steps Forward...

...one step back. Last night I discovered a hole in the Tivoli Tee. Drat! Not just one hole, even, there were two! Methinks my eyes thus crossed while driving back from Oregon on Sunday afternoon. I was almost done, but in addition to the holes I didn't like the way I had done the increases (which created the holes!) so I ripped back maybe 20 rows. I am annoyed but relieved. Those holes would have really bothered me. I was hoping to finish Tivoli for this month's project and it's still doable but I've got to focus. Do swatches count as FOs? They should, I've done several of them. I am planning to use the Gedifra I bought in Switzerland for a zip cardigan I found in Vogue Knitting. I would send you the link but VK has one of the worst knitting magazine sites I have seen yet.

Oh, I'm back in Oregon today for work this time. It's a long day when you get up at 5am, travel 4 hours, attend a 2-hour meeting, then travel back for another 3 or 4 hours. I brought some knitting with me but I am restless. I was working on the Carolina Blue socks, the one that I had done the Figure 8 Cast On for. I have since switched from the Magic Loop to DPNs for one of the socks. However, the DPNs are 8-inchers. I wrestled more with the needles and the yarn tangling in them than I did actual knitting so I think I will switch back to Magic Loop for both socks (single, not at the same time).

OK, getting close to boarding time. Until the next day in the life....

3 comments:

caitlyn said...

Ohhh, I'm sorry to hear about the holes in your Tivoli! I haven't gotten to the increases yet. But I already have gaps near the armholes. It's great that you're fixing the holes, though -- that way, you'll be happy with the finished product! Have a safe trip home.

Agnes said...

It's better to fix it now than not wearing the whole thing at all. Wish you get smoother progress now. But it is just exhausting always having to travel for work. You have my sympathy for that.

kittensmittens said...

I think swatches can count as FOs. (And then sew them all thogether to make a swatch blanket ... )

I hear yo on the holes thing. I did the same thing with the bolero. I just had a complete brainfart and forgot how to do them nicely. I forgot about the knittinghelp website. O well. I did NOT feel like ripping back that far, so I just made matching holes on the other side. Maybe I'll put some decorative frillies over them, if I can find cute ones.

Still in Chille, 3 more days. It got cold here tonight.