Monday, October 17, 2005

Miscellaneous

Did you know that Kermit the Frog has just kicked off a world tour to commemorate his 50 years in Hollywood? He's come a long way. I didn't know frogs lived this long but he does have a Dick Clark air about him.

My fingers are tapping the keyboard waiting for inspiration and cleverness to begin flowing. It hasn't happened yet. I am at a loss for anything meaningful to say except "Hello World". Maybe it's because I did nothing this weekend. Wonderful nothingness. No trips, no excursions, just a normal Saturday running some errands, getting the house cleaned up and spending a decadent amount of time on the couch.

I discovered that my cable company is finally carrying DIY and I eagerly watched my first episode of Knitty Gritty. I wasn't sure what I was expecting but perhaps I'm just not hip enough for this show. The episode was about skirts. Lisa Daniels was the guest designer. The patterns were interesting and easy-looking, but the show's host seemed so impatient with the designer. And there were 3 youngish knitters of varying experience on the set. They introduced themselves in the beginning and promptly faded into the background. I wanted to know what they were knitting so furiously, why they knit, what they liked about it, etc. but there was nothing like that. The show was only 30 minutes and even less, really, with commercials. I can understand why they would move along like that but still...

I have made slow progress on the zippered cardigan. It's a fast knit when I'm doing it but I haven't had much time lately. So far I've finished the back and 2 sleeves. I just cast on for one of the front pieces. That's it. I need to run off now. Hope you all have a good week!

Until the next day in the life....

5 comments:

kittensmittens said...

i got an "invite" to be on the show ( I suppose i would have still needed to pass some screen test or so) because I was (and still am ) making the silk corset. the designer was gonna be on the show and needed background knitters, she opened it up to people that had bought that pattern first. and i would have gotten some free yarn too.

i would have done it, but just timing issues between class and work mucked it all up.

i like the new pictures. i've seen yosemite in colder weather, but either way, it is a pretty pretty place to be.

Agnes said...

Oh ... I love doing nothing in particular ... that kind of relaxing to me. My husband says I am sometimes "on the moon" (his phrase) ... what he means is out of this world ...not paying attention to what's around ... living in my own mind. But sometimes the world is just too annoying to pay too much attention to it.

Birdsong said...

I am envious of a weekend of "nothing".... will have to check out Knitty Gritty, but TV is so generally disappointing.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about KG. I still wish I had that channel though because I would watch it even though I don't really like the host.

I cross so many things off my to-do list this weekend. It was great! Except for one thing...write a blog entry!

Ruth said...

i agree with cyndi on the knit bikini's. every summer issue of a knitting mag has to have one of those. YUCK.
as for knitty gritty - still have not seen an episode yet...