Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just Another Weekend



Saturday was a beautiful day in the Sierras. We packed up our snowshoes and headed up to our favorite snow hiking spot - Icehouse Reservoir. Take Highway 50 like you're going to South Lake Tahoe. Just where the highway becomes 2-lane, there's a road to your left. That's Icehouse. It winds up the mountain until it opens up to the vista above, and then you can see the reservoir. We haven't camped there yet although there are a number of campgrounds, tons of trails and several small lakes. Silver Creek is the main river and we plan to go back there with our fishing poles to catch some trout.

I'm not in terrific physical shape anymore, as evidenced by my lack of breath and enthusiasm trudging up the trail. Plus I was cranky as I needed a nap. As soon as we got to our stopping place I promptly lay down on a stump and took a 20-minute snooze. I was much happier after that. My snowshoeing form was out of sorts...



Can you say "Charm School"?

I brought my knitting with me as usual but didn't get a chance to do anything with it. Diane is coming along but that's about it. I'm starting to get a little nervous because it's already the middle of April and this tank top is still not that close to being finished. I might just have to knit a scarf or some other small item to fulfill this month's requirement.

After what seemed to be an interminably long time, I finally received something knitting related in the mail - 3 skeins of Manos for My So-Called Scarf and 5 skeins of Cascade 220. I also picked up Pursenalities and At Knit's End from Border's. I've only read a few entries from At Knit's End but I can already tell it's a keeper! I was giggling to myself. I have more needles coming from Webs as well as some Noro from Knot Another Hat. The Iro was less than $10 a skein, everywhere else it's almost $20. Plus there's a 10% Knitter's Review discount. Ooooh....I just took a look at the site and they've added several Cascade yarns...

*sigh*

2 comments:

iSeL said...

I have been wanting to knit My So Called Scarf for a while now, maybe I will join you...argh...too many things I want to knit though.
I love the top picture, it is breathtaking. I'll keep an eye on your blog!

Agnes said...

Wow snow! I don't snowboard ... but I love skiing. We didn't go at all this season as my husband's work is getting crazy and now with the car, I think I have to wait for the next season!
Next time you visit my blog, remember to check the chat box! ;)