- My first name was Maria. It's a Filipino thing for daughters be named after saints. If that doesn't happen, the girls are given "Maria" as their first name but called by their second name.
- I became a naturalized citizen at age 22 and promptly dropped "Maria." As a side note, I've changed my name 4 times.
- I'm a left-handed golfer and my favorite club is my 7 wood.
- I drive a stick shift. So sporty, eh?
- Black and white film photography was my first love. After discovering the mysteries of the darkroom I was hooked.
- I used to read Tiger Beat! I had crushes on Leif Garrett and the Bay City Rollers.
OK, there are rules for these random things. First rule is share the rules! Link to the person who tagged you. Then right your six random bits of tid. Let the tagger know when you've responded. Tag 6 more people. Let them know you've tagged them by commenting on their blogs.
I don't read a whole bunch of blogs anymore so I'll only tag a few more people: Lori, Jen and Ruth. And of course anyone who wants to join in the fun, please do so. Just let me know, OK?
So I didn't finish sewing my tote bag. It's been a couple of weeks since I started it and my interest has waned considerably. I was in the middle of sewing the handles when the sewing machine needle broke! Karl fixed it but I really just need a heavier duty needle. I'm procrastinating.
This afternoon, after cursing my last skein of Cherry Tree Hill which was giving me a little trouble, I managed to spit-splice it to my Clapotis working yarn.
I must be one of the last knitters on earth who has not made this thing. I've got seven more repeats to go and then I'll be done. This yarn is CTH Silk & Merino DK that I picked up at Stitches West a few years ago. I love the color but do you notice where the dye didn't take and shows up as white? Nothing I can do about it now but it really stands out. It kinda bugs me.
This coming week is my birthday week. Not that I'm celebrating. I keep forgetting it. 41 is not exactly a milestone birthday that I want to remember, you know? But it's good excuse for cake and shoe-shopping. I picked up a pair of Michael Kors peep toe black patent leather platform sandals at Nordstrom's. Very Las Vegas. Wicked.