Fellow knitters, I am taking a non-fiction writing class and need your help with my writing assignment. My topic is: The impact of the Internet on the knitting culture. I'm conducting a poll on how knitters think the Internet has influenced their hobby.
Please take a minute to answer a few simple questions, most of them multiple-choice. You can answer them here in the comments or send the answers to me via email. Either way, you rock! And to show my appreciation I'm going to put your name in a drawing to win either some sock yarn from my stash or a $25 gift certificate to Elann. (note: this poll is also on Knitters Review; if you answer there, no need to respond here)
1. How long have you been knitting?
A. Less than a year
B. 1 to 5 years
C. 6 to 10 years
D. 11 to 15 years
E. 16 to 20 years
F. 21+ years
2. Do you have a knitting blog?
3. Have you purchased yarn and/or knitting accessories from an online source?
4. Do you listen to knitting podcasts?
5. How often do you visit knitting-related message boards and discussion forums (reading or posting)?
A. Once or twice a week
B. 3 to 5 times a week
C. At least once every day
6. Do you read knitting e-Zines (Knitty, The Daily Knitter, MagKnits, Knitnet)?
7. How often do you turn to an online source for knitting help versus looking it up in a book?
B. Most of the time
C. Just as often
8. Have you met any knitters face-to-face whom you had previously known only online?A. Yes
9. Have you attended a knitting related event (Stitches, a retreat, fiber festival, etc.) because you found out about it online?
10. Has the Internet had a negative impact on your knitting? How?
11. What kind of positive impact has the Internet made on your knitting?