Monday, June 09, 2008

It's Hot! But I'll Wear My New Cardigan Anyway

Debbie Bliss' Scoop Neck Cardigan. Size: small (32). Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #34, 7 skeins. Knitty things: size 8 Addi Turbo, 2.5mm crochet hook, 9 buttons.

Pretty, isn't it? A little scratchy and warm (it's 90 degrees outside) but it fits well and I like it! The sleeves caused me some issue - they are still too long despite taking 1 inch off. And I was very careful about seaming this one: all the pieces were blocked and I attempted to sew the sleeves to the armholes a couple of times each before I was satisfied. I used embroidery floss to seam because the Noro was simply too fragile for that. Sounds disturbing, huh? We'll see how it holds up when the weather cools down again and I wear it more often. It's actually seen some action already - I wore it in Seattle (got compliments at So Much Yarn) and a few days here at home when the temps were still in the 70s.

Next up is the "Dress Me Up" pattern for Karalyn from Yarn Girls Guide to Kids Knits. Wait till you see the colorway.

Oh, gotta a new haircut. I love the convenience of short hair but I'm not sure it suits everyone else, ha!

Gotta run, it's late again....

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well aren't you the cutest thing! Love the new sweater and the hair cut is adorable.

Agnes said...

Beautiful! I would have done the same ... turn on the air conditioning and wear the cardigan.

Anonymous said...

Hey Woman! You could wear your hair any old way and it would look cute! I've got the short bug too, but I don't have a stylist I trust.

I love the sweater too! It's very flattering.

I'd love to get together for lunch again, but my work is extremely busy right now. 180 degrees from where I used to be! I usually take about 15 minutes and then, bam! back to work.

You are my first blog read all week!

Val S. said...

What a beautiful Sweater! Just stunning!